Happy Sunday! Wow - this pudding is super chocolatey - almost too rich for me - but SO delicious in small doses. I am not a fan of whiskey so I left it out - but I added a pinch of salt to my graham crumble which balanced out the intense chocolate nicely. The torched meringue is the perfect silky contrast against the creamy pudding and crunchy crumble. I would definitely make this again but add more of the graham layer.


OMG, I loved this one soooo much. I'm not much for whiskey either, but it was actually very subtle. Yes for salt in the graham crust! I subbed the Momofuku Milk Bar graham crust, which has milk powder, cream, and salt-- it was perfect with the pudding and marshmallow. Hard to believe this book is done... onward to Baked Occasions! :)
ReplyDeleteI still like you even though you don't like whiskey. But your puddings are picture perfect!
ReplyDeleteDitto on the richness! I couldn't eat it all. Still yummy, great pics!
ReplyDeleteIt was super-rich, but I'll bet the salt added a great dimension to it.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get started on Occasions!
Beautiful pudding cups! I really didn't taste the whiskey in the pudding...was a little disappointed...but still loved, loved, loved this pudding. (I think she liked it.)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to start baking from the new book!