Sunday, November 9, 2014

Election Day Palmiers


Happy Sunday - so excited to start baking from Baked Ocassions! I tested these for the book and loved them so much I've made them twice since. Thank goodness for blitz puff pastry - I've made so much traditional labor intensive laminated dough I can definitely appreciate a short cut. The cayenne paired with the Vietnamese cinnamon I used resulted in just the right amount of heat. I love the buttery, spicy layers against the raw sugar crunch. So many possibilities for fillings - my favorites are made with just vanilla bean sugar. 


Keep it sweet! Erin🌟

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'll have to try vanilla bean sugar, though I did love the cinnamon/cayenne here. Ha-- I didn't know there was a name for this "blitz" puff pastry. I love your coils-- they're perfect, and your caramelization is gorgeous, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking cookies! Oh yes, vanilla bean sugar would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.