Sunday, June 8, 2014

Poppy Seed Pound Cake with Brown Butter Glaze

Happy Sunday! I was pretty confident this pound cake was going to be delicious - and I was right. How can you go wrong with brown butter, cream cheese, and orange zest?! I have always been an enthusiastic fan of poppy seeds and I loved them in the glaze. The only thing I thought was a little off here was the filling, I felt it was a bit too much. Maybe swirled into the batter instead of one dense layer would have been better for me. But everyone who ate this had zero complaints! It was a huge hit. If I make this again I would go for the swirl or maybe just mix into the batter all together. Really loved the glaze! 



Have a great week everyone! Keep it sweet - Erin*

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! That glaze really was a winner in my book too. I could have eaten it without the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left the orange zest out of my cake (not a huge fan of citrus) and LOVED this cake! I thought the cream cheese kept it nice and tangy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.