Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bananas Cake

Happy Sunday! Hope this long weekend is treating everyone well. I had been waiting for a reason to make this cake, so glad it finally came around on our list! As someone who LOVES and eats bananas + peanut butter as a snack at least 3 times a week, this monster cake was right up my alley...or so I thought. Banana cake? Moist, flavorful, and delicious - perfect all by itself. PB filling? Great compliment to the cake. But the chocolate frosting and glaze were way too much for me. They over powered the banana/pb flavor, and I feel like I would have loved this so much more with a delicate vanilla buttercream. Or even just a lightly sweetened whipped cream. I did love the crunch from the chopped peanut garnish. Would totally make this again w/o all the chocolate! 😉 



Have a great week everyone!

Keep it sweet - Erin* 😋

7 comments:

  1. Sorry this wasn't your favorite combo :( Looks awesome tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that does look really good! Too bad you didn't like it as much as you thought you would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect! I'm with you on the overpowering chocolate factor, actually. I was able to just have some of the cake since I made cupcakes, and it was SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake turned out beautifully! Perfect slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! You'll have to give us a tutorial on making the Baked swirl on top. I only used one layer of chocolate and can see how 2 would take it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto everyone else-- just perfect, lady! I totally agree on the chocolate overkill, and that's coming from someone who LOVES chocolate. I'm going to try it with PB and salted caramel like my wedding cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.