Sunday, March 30, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Whirligigs

Happy Sunday!

These cookies were a little tricky to cut straight out of the refrigerator, even with a very hot knife. The cold dough was a little too soft against the hard chocolate. My cuts weren’t too pretty but I was glad to see when they baked off you couldn’t tell what a mess they were prior to going in the oven. ;) I love the combo of peanut butter and dark chocolate (obviously – if you don’t, you’re wrong!) but I was left wanting a little bit of salt. Maybe a sprinkle of fleur de sel next time before putting them in the oven. Otherwise, they are fantastic! 


BAKED BONUS: A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending a few days in NYC and of course made some time to visit our favorite gentlemen bakers! On pie day (3/14)! Here are some shots of the tastiness that occurred. <3

 

THIN MINT DONUT


APPLE PIE


PB BANANA WHOOPIE


I also brought home brownies, brooksters, granola, and lemon marshmallows...couldn't resist! 


Looking forward to being back on the BSM train on a regular schedule now! Hope you all have a great week. Keep it sweet! Erin*

5 comments:

  1. How fun, Erin!

    Your cookies look great - I seem to be the only one who didn't make pretty cookies. But, they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cookies! And now that you mention it, I think a little touch of salt might be the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to NYC in the Fall and I can't wait to FINALLY visit the boys in Brooklyn! Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking cookies! They really do look good with the dark chocolate. Yes, salt! That would have been a nice addition. (maybe sprinkled over the chocolate layer before rolling.)
    Lucky you going to Baked! I hope to get there this year. (Crossing my fingers and toes!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, Erin! Your spirals are perfect. I agree about the salt-- I will try that next time. I used milk chocolate, and I'm curious about the dark. Maybe I'll try half and half next time? Anyway, I'm glad they turned out so pretty despite the awkward cutting. I agree that they were a bit of a labor of love-- but WELL worth it! And I *love* your BAKED photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.