Sunday, October 27, 2013

Devil Dogs with Malted Buttercream Filling

Happy Sunday! These cake like cookies sandwiched with a malted buttercream were fantastic. I kept my piping simple, but I couldn't help adding vanilla bean paste to the filling, I'm always trying to sneak it in wherever I can. It accompanied the malt syrup well for a very pronounced vanilla malt flavor which was not too sweet and perfect against the chocolate cakes. If you haven't used malt syrup I highly suggest it in place of malted milk powder for a stronger malt flavor. So good! 



Have a great week everyone, keep it sweet! E*😊

5 comments:

  1. These look like classic devil dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking treats. The cake and filling look perfect. Good pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Although the bone shapes are cute, I like the simplicity and elegance of these. :) I'ma have to talk to you about malt syrup, 'cause I've had it up to *here* with malt powder getting all clumpy! And yay for vanilla bean paste-- good thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.