Saturday, September 14, 2013

Orange Almond Ricotta Cheesecake

Happy Sunday! I had never made a ricotta cheesecake before this one, and had only sampled one once before and was less than impressed. The taste was good, but the texture I wasn't a big fan of. So I splurged on some Whole Foods Fresh Ricotta for this baby and decided to give it a whirl. The texture to me is still kind of weird, but light and airy. I really loved the flavor of the orange and almond, but was definitely missing the dense creaminess of regular cheesecake. Glad I gave this recipe a try! 👍


Have a great week everyone, keep it sweet! 😊

5 comments:

  1. Even though it wasn't your thing...it sure looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was still awesome, Erin-- it looks great! And hey, at the very least, we always learn something from our little experiments, right?! I agree, it's not the same as cream cheese, but it was cool to use a new ingredient, pricey as it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I learned that I prefer my ricotta not in cheesecake form! ;)

      Delete
  3. It does look wonderful! Pretty sure I need to try this cheesecake now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks awesome, my first time with a ricotta cheesecake too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.