Happy Sunday! Not much to say about these except they are awesome, and I will never make another Snickerdoodle without brown butter. There is nothing quite like the smell of browning butter, it is just blissful to me. It seems so obvious, but I had never thought about it before this recipe. Perfect chewy texture, and I love the nuttiness of the brown butter and the color it imparts to the dough. Vietnamese cinnamon adds a sweeter, richer cinnamon flavor that can't be beat. I've already made these a few times, and will definitely be making them a lot more!
Hope everyone has a great week, keep it sweet! 😊



Great looking cookies! Are they in a cookie competition?? Hope they win! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cookies!
ReplyDeletewow! love your last pic!
ReplyDeleteThey look like a winner to me!
ReplyDeleteI also adored these, the brown butter is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more, Erin! I have no incentive to ever make another snickerdoodle. I know, right?! Why do we not think of these things on our own? It's just brilliant. I used Vietnamese cinnamon as well-- love that stuff. Your butter looks a lot lighter than mine, though mine was really close to burning; it would be interesting to do a taste test of medium-brown vs. dark brown vs. plain without brown butter... Anyway, awesome job, girl! :)
ReplyDelete