Sunday, August 18, 2013

Whiskey Peach Upside Down Cake

Happy Sunday! I really can't stand whiskey but I LOVED this cake. Instead of regular whiskey, I used a cinnamon whiskey called Fireball and it was awesome! It went very well with the peaches in the caramel, not boozy at all and just a hint of cinnamon. I baked mine in a 8x8x2 square and the recipe fit perfectly. Only thing I would change is to maybe add a few more peach slices next time. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! 

Have a great week everyone, keep it sweet! 😊

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Erin! Your cake looks awesome, especially with that vanilla bean whipped cream on top. I love your idea of cinnamon whiskey-- yes, I imagine that would be just loverly with the peaches! And you were sooo right to blanch and peel those puppies, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went square too!! That sounds yummy with the cinnamon whiskey. I can't wait to make this again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'll bet the cinammon really set it off. I'd add more peaches, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I bet that was good with that cinnamon whiskey. Nice call! Beautiful cake too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.