Have a great week everyone, keep it sweet! :)
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Mississippi Mud Pie (A), aka Coffee Ice Cream Tart
Happy Sunday! I was so excited when I saw this weeks assignment included ice cream, as it is one of my most favorite things to make (and eat). However, I did go a tad rogue and topped mine off with home made caramel instead of bourbon fudge...chocolate cookie crust AND a fudge layer is PLENTY of chocolate for me. Plus, caramel + coffee is ALWAYS a good idea. ;) I used the Baked recipe for coffee ice cream (pg 181) and it is divine, I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet. The addition of toasted pecans added a nice crunch against the creamy ice cream. Definitely giving this one a 2 thumbs up! Perfect recipe to kick off the summer weather here in Southern California.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Your pie is GORGEOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteYour pie is gorgeous! So smart to use a tart pan. I was thinking that caramel would be lovely here too!
ReplyDeleteOh yes! The caramel looks fantastic on your pie! Great idea! And you're the third person so far to make your own ice cream...I have seriously got to on this ice cream making!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I'd love a slice right now!
Love the caramel! Your pie is picture perfect!
ReplyDeleteCaramel - absolutely. Love it.
ReplyDeleteWow, looks awesome!
ReplyDelete*DROOL*
ReplyDeleteErin, that looks seriously incredible-- OMG!! Everything about your tart is visually perfect-- I especially love the dripping caramel. And may I say, I see nothing wrong with caramel *and* chocolate on top, but that's just me... ;-) I'm not much for coffee desserts, but it's looking like I'm gonna have to break down and make this one!!