Happy Sunday! I first discovered these light, glorious, little sponge cakes years ago while living in San Francisco. Miette (Ferry Bldg; Hayes Valley) makes a fabulous one, they also have spectacular shortbread cookies if you're ever in the area. When I saw this recipe for the week I was excited, because I love malt and madeleines...and then I saw the recipe called for cocoa powder. Yes, malt and chocolate is a great combination, but I was very much looking forward to a malty madeleine sans chocolate. I've made several flavors of these before - lemon, plain, brown butter, pistachio - but never chocolate or malted. So, I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely these turned out. Not too chocolatey, not too malty, just delicious. Eating these with coffee is a must!
Also this past week I was in NYC and had my very first, very overdue visit to BAKED! I was happy to see it looks exactly like all of the pictures and videos I've seen over the years, and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside to finally get to spend sometime there. It was my first time to NY, and may I say that place is pretty crazy, yet amazing. So much fun and so much food! Here are a few shots I took of the bakery and my goodies.
Chocolate dipped macaroon, salted caramel shortbread (OMG), campfire cookie, choc chip banana bread.
Lemon marshmallows, house granola, sweet and salty brownie.
Everything was magically delicious! It was a great day all around. ❤ Have a great week everyone! Keep it sweet. :)





Your madeleines look great. And I love all the pics from your visit to Baked!! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to visit there one day!
ReplyDeleteYour madeleines look perfect! I'm still kicking myself for not visiting Baked when I was in NYC a couple of summers ago and plan on definitely going next time I visit. Thanks for sharing your visit with us!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful madeleines! I am jealous....would love to visit Baked sometime. Love seeing the pictures!
ReplyDeleteSo jelly! Your madeleines look just as wonderful as all the treats from Baked! I can't wait to visit someday. :)
ReplyDeleteLady, your madeleines look absolutely gorgeous and perfect! I'm glad you liked them, especially not being a big chocolate fan. Yay for Miette! I love that place-- and yes, their shortbread rules. I just had some a few weeks back, actually. I'll have to try the madeleines next time...
ReplyDeleteAaaaand your BAKED visit-- *sigh*. All those treats look soooo very lovely and delicious. I'm so intrigued by those lemon marshmallows, and I guess I'mma have to try their granola next time. I'm so happy for you that you finally got to visit the Holy Grail!! :) :)
Thanks girl! The marshmallows are AMAZEBALLS...texture is perfect. I got vanilla ones too and both bags are gone, ha ha. Definitely try them next month!
DeleteThanks everyone, you should all go to Baked ASAP...and explore the neighborhood too, super cute. :)
ReplyDelete