Saturday, April 20, 2013

Black & White Cookies

Happy Sunday! I was excited to make these since I'd never made or even had one before. The texture is more sponge cake than cookie...and pretty plain on their own, but tasty. As for the frostings, it was vanilla all the way for me. Next time I would add vanilla bean to the white side, and maybe a lemon frosting to the other side. Or milk chocolate to try and stay somewhat traditional. The dark chocolate frosting was way too intense for me, I felt like it over powered the whole cookie. These were a tad time consuming, but fun and simple to make. Hope you all enjoyed yours! Have a great week and keep it sweet. :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, your frosting is black! So pretty. I agree this were simple and fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours look great, even if I am team chocolate all the way. I like the idea of trying to do milk chocolate though. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, my dear! You know I'm more Team Chocolate, but I love my vanilla as well. I wish my vanilla side ended up as thick as my chocolate side on these cookies, but they were still delicious! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - these totally needed more vanilla! :)

      Delete
  4. Milk chocolate would be yummy! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Did you frost the top or the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how "black" and "white" your frosting is! Great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty.

    I thought the chocolate was a tad too intense as well.... but I still like these cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.