Happy Sunday! These little pots of silky, creamy, malted milk chocolate custard were absolutely divine. I used all milk chocolate (Callebaut), and am SO glad I halved the recipe - because I could have eaten every last drop myself. I did feel like they were a smidge too salty - just a smidge - so I would cut back on that next time I make these. Would be very fun to experiment with different chocolates. Also, I topped them with lightly sweetened vanilla whipped cream as well as the crushed whoppers. Hope you all enjoyed these as much as I did!
See you next week - keep it sweet! :)
Very cool presentation! :D
ReplyDeletevery nicely done! i halved the recipe too! too tempting to sneak just one more bite! yours came out very pretty :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty picture collage. It really gives you a sense of the process. Yours look really pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove your presentation photo. Nicely done. I'm glad I had several eaters or I'd have eaten them all...scary! This was a fun recipe.
ReplyDeleteLove your photos and the way you displayed them. Great job.
ReplyDeleteYour's look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI *meant* to make a half-batch for the same reason (especially given the ridiculous pastries that I just gorged on in Paris), but because I didn't have enough small ramekins to fit that quantity of custard, I ended up with a full batch... Oh. Darn. ;-) I too love your presentation-- I bet the silky whipped cream was lovely! I agree, it would be so cool to try these side-by-side with like four kinds of chocolate, you know? People have used so many different brands, and it would be really interesting to see how they compare to each other-- I've heard great things about Callebaut! Nice work, lady-- keep the delicious photos comin'! Can't wait for more in 2013. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your topping!
ReplyDelete