Happy Sunday bakers! I really enjoyed this weeks assignment - the classic brownie recipe is perfect so I knew these would be great. Instead of making a full pan of spicy, I made the peanut butter brownies as well. I weighed the full base of butter, chocolate, sugars, eggs -divided it in half - then split the remaining corresponding ingredients for each brownie in half, and baked them off in 9" round cake pans. Both are equally delicious. The peanut butter brownies are peanut buttery chocolate goodness...one of my favorite combos ever. The spicy are so intriguing...cinnamony, gingery, with just a hint of smoky heat at the end. So delicious, I will definitely be making both of these again. The Baked boys sure know their brownies! <3
I cut mine into little 2 bite cubes and packaged them to send off to friends for little surprises - which I affectionately like to call "brownie bombing". It's proving to be a hit! ;)
Hope everyone has a great Sunday! See you next week - keep it sweet! XO :)
Brownie bombing! Love it!!! Your cubes looks fantastic. So nice and thick and fudgy. Great idea to split the recipe.
ReplyDeleteVery smart! And a great combo batch. Love the packaging - I'm sure the recipients loved (or will love) them!
ReplyDeleteI am so stealing your idea of "brownie bombing"! Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteGreat gift idea! I bet you are one popular lady! :)
ReplyDeleteNice job! Who wouldn't love that?
ReplyDeleteyour brownies are so adorable! and splitting the recipe is genius!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I opted for Peanut Butter. I love your Brownie Bombs! I'll bet people are thrilled to get them!
ReplyDeleteSo smart to split the batch! And I love how your cubes are so thick and perfectly cut.
ReplyDeleteBrownie Bombing is a great idea. Good idea to split the recipe and try both versions...I'll have to try the peanut butter variety later this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift, your friends are lucky!
ReplyDeleteI love your little brownie bites-- soooo darling! Also, I want to eat them. Right now. ;-) Your cuts are gorgeous, Erin-- did you refrigerate the brownies? I'm not sure why it never occurred to me to do that, but it seems a few bakers did that and ended up with much prettier edges. I love learning stuff from these awesome peeps every week! The height on your brownies is gorgeous too, by the way. Maybe I should use a smaller pan, since I like them a little thicker like yours. I'm sure the recipients of your "brownie bombings" will be most appreciative!! :)
ReplyDeleteYes I refrigerate before cutting, I should have shared that tid bit oops! You can freeze them too. They seem normal height to me, maybe it's just the camera angle! ;)
DeleteThanks everyone! I'm still making my way through the no bake posts before I get to everyone's brownies, can't wait to see what everyone did! :)
ReplyDelete