Happy Sunday! Caramel is always a tricky one, so I was overjoyed when these came out perfect. I'm sure everyone will be discussing temperatures, so for the record both times I took the caramel to 240F and I am very pleased with the results. Buttery and caramely, but not too cloyingly sweet...all the reasons I love these. They are soft and chewy but hard enough to hold their shape. Hope you all had luck with yours, they are delicious and perfect for gifting!
Have a great week everyone - keep it sweet! :)
How did you get your squares so perfect? And I love the green foil wraps.
ReplyDeleteHi Sheri! I chilled the block for awhile before cutting them, I think that helped a little so they weren't as soft. And I greased the knife after every cut, super annoying but made for clean cuts. :o
DeleteLooking good,Erin! Those are some beautiful caramels. Great job cutting them. And I love the green foil. I was so pleased that I found little candy foils.
ReplyDeleteI agree, they are delicious and a great gift.
Your caramels look perfect. I agree...these are good enough for gift giving.
ReplyDeleteLook amazing! Love the wrapping!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful caramels, I, too, love the wrapping!
ReplyDeletePerfection! Wish I was eating one right now. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Mine were a little TOO soft. Yours look perfect! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteYour caramels look wonderful! I love the wrappers too!
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful - glad that temp worked for you - somehow it didn't for me on the first go around!
ReplyDelete