Sunday, November 4, 2012

Twinkie Cake!

This was a crazy baking week for me - I made pumpkin whoopie pies, sour cream coffee cakes, and a twinkie cake. Lots to do for Halloween parties, work parties, and my mom's birthday. I didn't get to the Buttermilk Pie unfortunately...honestly it didn't really excite me, and I didn't want to make it just for the sake of getting it done. But I didn't want to totally blow this week off either, so I decided to share the Twinkie Cake that Matt blogged about recently. Hey, it has buttermilk in it! :)  Here are my pictures:
 




 
I must say that this cake is AWESOME and I definitely recommend giving it a try. It tastes just like twinkies without that weird preservativey taste. Only thing I would do differently next time is double the filling recipe and make cupcakes or a layer cake and use the filling as frosting. The filling is so good there needs to be more of it!
 
See you all next Sunday - keep it sweet! :)  












12 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I saw the blog post and definitely want to try it out. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twinkies aren't my favorite, but this looks fabulous!

    Try the buttermilk pie when you get a chance, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try it after seeing everyones great photos and hearing how delicious it is! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that twinkie cake looks sooooooo good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome! Good job. Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made that cake a few weeks ago - it's really good. I love the idea of making cupcakes out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! I have a fun twinkie recipe that I make on occasion..it is fun to remember the ding dong and twinkie days! Sounds like you didn't miss out with all your other amazing baked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic! I didn't know Matt blogged; thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I couldn't wait to see how this came out! Great photos, Erin-- I want to lick that filling!! :) This is on my short list of recipes in the coming weeks FO SHO. However, I just bought a "canoe" cake pan, so may make traditional Twinkies... although I am very tempted to get a mini Bundt pan just to make these as mini's... as if I need more cake pans!! By the way, did you have any issues with the filling seeping out of the bottom like Matt did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No filling seeped out, but I did refrigerate it for a bit before I cut and served it!

      Delete
  9. I felt the same way about the Buttermilk Pie - I've never had it before, but it didn't inspire me. Your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the kind words everyone! Make sure you follow the BAKED blog and go make some twinkie cake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.