My only issues were the crust being a tad crumbly eventhough I underbaked by a couple minutes to avoid it. Also, I pulled the caramel early and it was still chewy but a smidge harder than I would have preferred. These bars were definitely a bit tricky - but still delicious! See you next Sunday - keep it sweet everyone! :)
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Caramel Coconut Clusters
Happy Sunday everyone! These bars are one of my favorite things I've made in a long time. The shortbread crust is buttery but not too sweet, and the coconut caramel is to die for. Makes me wonder why I never thought to put toasted coconut in caramel before! I'm not a super duper chocolate freak so I didn't dip them, I just used a pastry bag to pipe little drizzles across the tops.
My only issues were the crust being a tad crumbly eventhough I underbaked by a couple minutes to avoid it. Also, I pulled the caramel early and it was still chewy but a smidge harder than I would have preferred. These bars were definitely a bit tricky - but still delicious! See you next Sunday - keep it sweet everyone! :)
My only issues were the crust being a tad crumbly eventhough I underbaked by a couple minutes to avoid it. Also, I pulled the caramel early and it was still chewy but a smidge harder than I would have preferred. These bars were definitely a bit tricky - but still delicious! See you next Sunday - keep it sweet everyone! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We loved these! I think yours look great.
ReplyDeleteYou know, Erin, you're really close to me - I'm in Oxnard.
ReplyDeleteCool! YAY CALIFORNIA! ;)
DeleteVery pretty!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love your drizzles.
ReplyDeleteFantastic. I had the same trouble with the "crumble cookie" syndrome too. Hope they taste as good as the look.
ReplyDeleteThey taste great...just wondering how to get the crust not to fall apart. I thought I underbaked it but apparently not ha ha.
DeleteAwesome drizzle. Looks so pretty on the bars.
ReplyDeleteLovin' the photo montages! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks a lot of us had the same shortbread issue. It's probably best that you didn't dip them, cuz you would've had huge chunks of cookie break off into your bowl of chocolate. They look gorgeous-- I too love your drizzle pattern! These are one of my favorite BAKED items, now that I got the caramel down. :)
ReplyDelete