Happy Sunday Y'all! I had so much fun making these, and honestly I was excited to make a savory recipe this week. Grits have always been a favorite of mine, but I normally eat them with butter, sugar, and salt. Perfectly sweet and salty kind of like kettle popcorn. However, the best shrimp and grits I've ever had were in New Orleans at NOLA - I HIGHLY recommend eating there if you are ever in the area...they have an amazing dessert menu.
The grits were super cheesey and delicious - I love that the recipe calls for the extra step of broiling more cheese on the top to finish it off. Also, I felt like they were screaming for green chiles and will be adding a bunch of them next time I make these. Cheese + green chiles = 2 of my favorite things in the world. <3
And so breakfast for dinner was in order...I made maple sausage patties and biscuits with honey to go with the grits. Best dinner I've made in a long time!
Check out the other takes on these awesome grits at Baked Sunday Mornings - take care all & see you next Sunday...keep it sweet! XO-E* :)
Great pics! Love the breakfast for dinner shot. I will be making these again for sure. I like your idea of sweet and salty....might have to try that next time.
ReplyDeleteGreen chiles are a fabulous idea!
ReplyDeleteThe grits look terrific! You have great ideas for pairings - the maple sausage sounds exceptionally good.
ReplyDeleteYours looks great, so cheesy!
ReplyDeleteGreen chilies!! Brilliant..that would be so good. Love you post
ReplyDeleteNice post, Erin! Being to the world of grits, I'm trying to imagine how they would taste with sugar-- an experiment for another day. ;-) I also didn't see grits at TJ's, but now I know! And I too love your idea about adding chiles-- these are soooo perfect for all kinds of experimentation! BTW, I am totally impressed that you also made biscuits-- wow! Awesome job! :)
ReplyDelete