Happy Sunday! I hope this post finds everyone winding down from a lovely and long Thanksgiving weekend. When I saw this on the agenda for the week, I was excited because I had been wanting to make this cake and I also had some pumpkin puree that needed to be used up. Also, I knew how tasty this cake was since Matt & Renato made this recipe as the demo for the Elements signing here at Williams Sonoma last month! :)
I went with my bundt pan and decided to switch up the frosting a bit since I had already sampled the almond version. Speculoos cookie butter has been a mild obsession of mine since I discovered it about a year ago, and I thought it would be delicious...so I just subbed it for the almond butter. A tad sweet but sinfully awesome. For the top I sprinkled these yummy sliced honey roasted almonds.
I really love this recipe...the cake is so flavorful, spicy, and moist. Frosting is great on this cake, but I feel like a simple glaze would be wonderful too.
See you next week bakers! Keep it sweet. :)
Your cake is so pretty! The cookie butter frosting looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove the bundt cake pan! And the speculoos frosting looks spectacular. I think that sounds way better than the almond butter frosting. Good idea!
ReplyDeleteA bundt cake was a great idea, you cake looks fabulous! I was a little unsure of almond butter frosting and ended up loving it. I'm sure I would have liked the speculoos even more.
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful as a bundt! I have some of Speculoos cookie spread left in the pantry and will have to try it in the frosting - such a great idea.
ReplyDeleteYour bundt looks awesome! I have almost bought that Speculoos Butter every time I go to Trader Joes. It sounds like a great addition to this cake. I think I'll splurge on it next time I'm there!
ReplyDeleteI had considered a bundt and am so glad you baked this cake as a bundt so that I can see that it turns out perfectly. Your cake and changes are wonderful...Speculoos cookie spread would be so good on this cake. I loved the almond butter frosting, however it is getting mixed reviews. Speculoos as a frosting would probably be more of a crowd pleaser. Nice idea.
ReplyDeleteI love that you made a bundt cake from this recipe - and I haven't seen the honey roasted sliced almonds at TJs - I will definitely look for them.
ReplyDeleteLovely!
Thanks everyone! The speculoos cookie butter is super, I recommend trying it if you haven't. Also if you use it to make frosting I'd cut back on the sugar since it is already sweetened. My frosting was borderline on the too sweet side but it was tasty.
ReplyDeleteI have *got* to get some of this cookie butter I keep seeing all over the place! I feel lucky we even have Nutella in my tiny town... Guess it's time to hop on ol' Amazon. Your cake looks great! :)
ReplyDeleteDitto on the Bundt pan-- what a great idea! I'm not stoked on this cake because of my aversion to almond products, but with people's modifications, I just might try it sometime, and I would go with the Bundt version like you. Oh man, I have a love affair with spekuloos-- BEST. STUFF. EVER. :-D
ReplyDelete