Happy Sunday! This pie is super lemony awesomeness, it was fun to finally make this recipe. I have made shaker pie in the past, and never had to separate lemons from the sugar after macerating - you just mix all filling ingredients together and dump it in the shell, which is what I did, and it comes out great! Also, I made sour cream ice cream to accompany my pie, because it's a beautiful pairing and one of my favorites. :)

Your pie looks fabulous, Erin! And the addition of the sour cream ice cream sounds wonderful. Your pie crust looks nice and flaky...just perfect. Great job!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Wow! Sour cream ice cream sounds really good! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll share your ice cream recipe, too! Your pie looks perfect!
ReplyDeleteThank you Susan! Good idea - here you go! I usually use the David Lebovitz Strawberry Sour Cream recipe but I tried a different one this time. Just as good! :)
Deletehttp://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sour-Cream-Ice-Cream-354200
Nice job, Erin! Did you use Alice Medrich's sour cream ice cream? (If so - Susan, Medrich's recipe is on my "Whiskey Sour" post a few blogs back!)
ReplyDelete