This weeks offering comes from Baked Explorations.
The recipe was straight forward and simple to put together. My only issue was that my dough was soft, even after 24 hours in the refrigerator. So instead of rolling it out, I used a small ice cream scoop and they came out great! I sprinkled with turbinado sugar since I didn't have sanding sugar handy. These have a seriously intense molasses flavor - a little too much for me. But the people I made them for loved them! Texture was perfect...I underbaked a smidge so they were nice and chewy. Oh, and these smelled SO GOOD while in the oven...a nice wafting of fall eventhough we are still having summer like temps here in Southern California.


Hope everyone has a great week - see you next Sunday! Keep it sweet! :)
They did smell great, huh! Your cookies look yummy! Great pics!
ReplyDeleteLoved the smell too! Smells like fall to me! (feels like fall here though)
ReplyDeleteYour cookies look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a huge molasses fan, either, but my taste testers approved just like yours did! :)
ReplyDeleteYours look like they came out great!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone...still getting a hang of this blog thing!
ReplyDeleteI agree the molasses is a bit much... Both taste-wise and also why the dough is soft. And it definitely makes it feel like fall! Very pretty cookies!
ReplyDeleteI too was not a fan of the intense molasses flavor (though the aroma was wonderful)... luckily I had some little helpers in my house who did not mind the cookies and made short work of them :) Love your profile pic by the way!
ReplyDeleteThanks - I love the picture too, I was like a kid on Christmas! Such a great day. :)
Delete